What is login.Gov?
login.gov is an online sign-service from the US government which allows anyone who needs to to access the federal government’s services online. The FAST Card program was included in it in October 2017. You must have a login.gov profile to submit FAST Card application online, whether or not you are not a resident of the United States of America.
Getting a login.gov Profile for Your FAST Card
The process for getting a login.gov account is, fortunately, very straightforward. All you need is the following :
- your email address
- your cell phone
You do not need to provide any other personal information for your login.gov profile. Please login to your email address and have your cell phone ready before you attempt the following steps:
- Go to the website https://login.gov/
- Choose “Manage Account,” which you can find in the top right corner
- Choose “Create Account,” which you can find at the very bottom of the page, on the right hand side
- Input the email address you wish to use for this account and click “Submit”
- Open the email account (or go to that tab), and click on the confirmation email. Once you have opened the email, you should see a big blue button which says “Confirm your email address.” Click on it.
- A new tab should open where you will choose a password. You should use a random password generator site online, so you can copy your password to wherever you store your passwords. You will need to find it if you ever want to login to this profile again. Choose “Continue.”
- Enter your cell phone number. You have two choices, to receive a text or to receive an automated phone call.
- Once you have received your one-time confirmation code on your cell phone, input it into the field provided.
- A temporary personal key should now appear. Copy this by clicking CTRL V or selecting it and right clicking. Click “Continue.”
- Lastly, paste your personal key into the space provided.
That’s it. You have a login.gov profile you can use to apply for your FAST Card at the TTP website.
How do I Access my login.gov Profile?
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you need this profile solely so you can use the TTP website for your Trusted Traveller Program applications. There’s no reason to access the profile, as there is no information within it.
However, you can access your profile at any time, as long as you have access to your cell phone or your email address.